So instead of just posting pictures, I decided that I would actually keep everyone updated on Evan's progress. I'm not very good about journaling, but here goes my first blog.
So Evan turns 3 months tomorrow. I can't believe how time flies but I must say that it has gone pretty smooth and he is such a joy to have in my life. He got tested last Thursday for the 8 major food allergies and . . . all negative. Which is good because the milk-free diet the pediatrician put me on was brutal. So now I can slowly add milk back into my diet.
So Evan turns 3 months tomorrow. I can't believe how time flies but I must say that it has gone pretty smooth and he is such a joy to have in my life. He got tested last Thursday for the 8 major food allergies and . . . all negative. Which is good because the milk-free diet the pediatrician put me on was brutal. So now I can slowly add milk back into my diet.
He also was weighed and . . . he's up to 15.4 lbs! That's my healthy boy. He's definitely out of the 0-3 month clothing but the 3-6 month size seems a little baggy on him. But he's growing into it.
Evan is still enjoying his My Gym classes and so am I. I've met quite a few new mommies and I think the classes have been more beneficial to me then him because I get some good adult time once a week.
Evan isn't sitting yet but I think he's getting really close. In the mean time he likes to sit in his bumbo. He also has found his hand and loves to suck on it. The problem is he wants to put both fists in his mouth and when he can't he gets frustrated. Its pretty funny, to us anyways.
We also stopped swaddling him this week and he doesn't even seem to miss it. He was breaking free of it within minutes anyways so now I think he sleeps better because he doesn't have to fight it anymore. I also let him cry it out for the first time this week. Its so hard not to run in his room and pick him up. But I think its time for him to learn to put himself to sleep at night. Next battle will be to take away the paci . . .
Here's a few pictures I took of him over the last couple of days.
Evan is still enjoying his My Gym classes and so am I. I've met quite a few new mommies and I think the classes have been more beneficial to me then him because I get some good adult time once a week.
Evan isn't sitting yet but I think he's getting really close. In the mean time he likes to sit in his bumbo. He also has found his hand and loves to suck on it. The problem is he wants to put both fists in his mouth and when he can't he gets frustrated. Its pretty funny, to us anyways.
We also stopped swaddling him this week and he doesn't even seem to miss it. He was breaking free of it within minutes anyways so now I think he sleeps better because he doesn't have to fight it anymore. I also let him cry it out for the first time this week. Its so hard not to run in his room and pick him up. But I think its time for him to learn to put himself to sleep at night. Next battle will be to take away the paci . . .
Here's a few pictures I took of him over the last couple of days.






0 comments:
Post a Comment